Thursday, March 25, 2010

The Rehearsal -- Book Review


Hailed as one of the most "dazzlingly brilliant debut novels you will ever read," The Rehearsal introduces Canadian-born Eleanor Catton as a bold new writer who's already making her mark on the international literary stage.
In the aftermath of a high-school sex scandal, a group of teenage girls is jolted into an intoxicating new awareness of their own potency and power. The sudden public scrutiny turns their every act into a performance, and every platform into a stage — with the enigmatic Saxophone Teacher only too happy to play both confidante and interrogator to her students. But when the local drama school decides to turn the scandal into a play, the real world and the world of the theatre collide, and soon the boundaries between private and public, fact and fantasy begin to dissolve.( Goodreads.com)

I having a tough time reading this book and connecting to the characters. I do think that this isn't a book for me at all. Having some characters with names as Head of Movement or Tech guy..makes it hard to connect. There are a couple named people, but they are teenagers like Stanley or Isolde. Since they are telling the story. I can't make sense of the time line at all. There are months, and days of the weeks..but It doesn't make sense to me at all.

I'm about half way reading this book -- and see no reason to finish this book. You might like the book, but I couldn't get into this book at all.

Book review= 1

Thanks to Little Brown for the Book and this is my Honest Review.
This Book Comes out May 17,2010

No comments:

Post a Comment

Help me feed the Monkeys--We love comments

We are an award free zone. Thanks so much for all the previous awards, but I can't continue passing them on at this time. Thanks