Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Play Dead -- Book Review


For the first time in Killington High School history, the Jackrabbits football team is one win away from the district championship where it will face its most vicious rival, the Elmwood Heights Badgers. On the way to the game, the Jackrabbits’s bus plunges into a river, killing every player except for bad-boy quarterback Cole Logan who is certain the crash was no accident—given that Cole himself was severely injured in a brutal attack by three ski-masked men earlier that day. Bent on payback, Cole turns to a mysterious fan skilled in black magic to resurrect his teammates. But unless the undead Jackrabbits defeat their murderous rival on the field, the team is destined for hell. In a desperate race against time, with only his coach’s clever daughter, Savannah Hickman, to assist him, Cole must lead his zombie team to victory. . . in a final showdown where the stakes aren’t just life or death—but damnation or salvation. ( Good reads.com)

I seem to have been reading a couple zombie books lately and this one was awesome .
Logan is the star football player and we also meet Savannah who is the high school reporter. We also get to see the opposing team and what they will do to ensure that the win the championship game.

This story takes place over 3 days and it was a wild ride. There were so many twists and turns with just getting the football players to play the game. I did like the attraction between Logan and Savannah. It was nice to father in the picture and didn't like all what went down..but was there for the kids.

It was also nice to see into Elmwood High school students and what they would do to win a Football Game. I was glad that they did talk about roid rage.

There were many times through out the book I was thinking Oh My Gosh. This book kept me up reading late into the night. I guess in Texas --Foot ball is king in towns.

Let go Jackrabbits . Lets go Jackrabbits. I was rooting for the team as well.

This book was written by Ryan Brown is also an Actor.

Book Review=4

Thanks to Gallery Book for the book and this is my Honest review.

1 comment:

  1. That is great to hear. I have this book on my shelf to review, and I just keep on flipping it over to check out the back ;) hee hee.

    ReplyDelete

Help me feed the Monkeys--We love comments

We are an award free zone. Thanks so much for all the previous awards, but I can't continue passing them on at this time. Thanks