Monday, September 13, 2010

Forgive my fins

Forgive My Fins
Lily is a mermaid and goes to school at seaview. She lives with her aunt Rachel . She is a senior and has some good friends. She loves to take baths. Her friends are Peri, and Shannon.

I've heard some good things about this book. This book to me is the perfect mermaid story. I loved all the little fish humor. it was subtle and fun.

Lily hasn't ever been kissed til Quince kisses her in the library. She has her heart set on Brody( the jock). Quince is also her next door neighbor. He is the bad boy with a heart of gold. Quince likes to push lily's buttons.

Quince kisses her in the library and both their lives are turned upside side. Lily learns to trust her friends. Lily's dad is the king of the kingdom and in charge.  It was nice to hear the story of how her parents met. Lily's friends are there for her , and understand her love from Brody , and Quince bugs her in class.

I found a new boy to swoon over now, and this book made me think of splash the movie. I found this to the the perfect mermaid story. It was fun, and I could really hear Lily's voice through the pages. I loved romance, friendships.  Will read the next book in the series and hoping that Doe gets a taste of the world.

Best Line: Love is already the strongest magic in the world

Thanks to Karen for letting me borrow this book. This book is good and I would let my daughter read this book.

Book Review= B/4

3 comments:

  1. I thought you would like it...glad you did! So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yea - I <3 Quince...hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this one too :) I think I used that line in a teaser Tuesday. I just loved it so. Great review.

    ReplyDelete

Help me feed the Monkeys--We love comments

We are an award free zone. Thanks so much for all the previous awards, but I can't continue passing them on at this time. Thanks