Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Get to Know Book Bloggers #2.3

Twitter & Authors ?? Like ?? Dislike ??

I like how with Twitter you can catch authors online and have a chance to have real conversations with them.  It makes them seem real to me. I feel that interacting with fans is one thing authors should do more of.  Fans are what makes or breaks an author, and is it really too much to at least say hi to a fan on twitter when they say hi to you?! Amy Stuffed Bookshelf

I love being connected with my favorite authors on Twitter, sometimes though with connections its a challenge to give a "HONEST" review on a book you may not of liked, due to twitter backlash- Tina Book Reviews

 I rarely tweet unless I'm posting a link to my reviews.-Michelle Redheaded child

 I love chatting with authors on Twitter. I know authors live a busy life so when they take the time to respond and interact with readers, I think it's awesome. -the Book Vixen

I personally love Twitter. It's a great way to spread information and talk with bloggers. I also love it when authors use their Twitter accounts, because it makes it easier for me to keep up with news on upcoming books! Natalie Mindful Musing

Oh, LIKE, definitely!!  I think that if an author isn't on Twitter, they're just eliminating a huge chunk of possible readers.  I just stated the other day that books whose authors aren't on Twitter don't get very much buzz, and everyone agreed.  I think that we, as bloggers, like to have the confirmation from authors that our reviews are noticed and appreciated.  When authors aren't on Twitter, there's no feeling of that recognition.  This is just my theory, of course.  Plus, I'm much more likely to go read a book by an author whose Tweets I find amusing or interesting.  I can't tell you how many times I've gotten into a chat with an author and ended up buying her/his book.--Andye Reading Teen

I don't really follow many authors. I don't dislike authors on Twitter, I'm just not the type to be interested in the life behind the books. Unless it's an author that I'm completely psuedo-stalker fangirly about.--Jennifer Reading Tequila

I like being able to find authors on twitter.  You can find out an author's personality or sometimes that's how you discover an author or book.  I know that's where I discovered one of my new favorite books Touched by an Alien, the author was having a contest for swag from comic con so I entered that contest and then looked around her site and decided to check the book out from the library.--Rebecca Biblignome


Like. As long as the don't "over tweet" or use Twitter to constantly push their book I think it's a great way to interact with authors.-- Karen FWIW

I enjoy chatting with several of my favorite authors on twitter. It's been a great way to get to know a bit more about them. I've also discovered several new authors and books from authors on twitter. -- Jen Twimom

Love Twitter, Love Authors! The two together are fun, entertaining, and insightful. Give an author 140 characters and they can work magic on a short scale. -- Lisa Bound by Books


 I like- I think it's a neat way for authors to connect with readers in whatever way makes them feel comfortable. If an author wants to use Twitter for conversations, it works, if an author wants to use Twitter just for promoting releases, blog posts, or whatever, then hey, that works too.--Emily What book is that ??

Kelli: I leave the Tweeting up to Natalie. I'm totally clueless!


Natalie: I do all the Tweeting/Facebook/Social Networking and I LOVE it! It is so fun to talk to authors (and bloggers) on twitter and see their tweets during the writing process. --Rather be Reading

I personally love getting to know the authors over twitter. I think its great that they are more accessible to the book readers who love to read their books. I have also found out about books through twitter, and have read them through another recommendations.

All these bloggers have twitters , so you can follow them and chat with them.

Stay tuned for the next Question

2 comments:

  1. Great post-it's interesting to see what bloggers think of twitter as an avenue of connecting with authors! I personally love it:)

    I'm a new follower-would love it if you'd stop by and say hi!

    Kristin
    MyBookishWays

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chatting with bloggers and "fans" on Twitter is one of my favorite things about being an author. I enjoy getting to know the bloggers and it keeps me updated on what's going on in the world.
    In the "old days", authors wrote books and rarely hot any feedback or interaction with the people that read the them. Now, we can have as much contact as the fans/bloggers want!
    Great post!

    ReplyDelete

Help me feed the Monkeys--We love comments

We are an award free zone. Thanks so much for all the previous awards, but I can't continue passing them on at this time. Thanks