Friday, March 4, 2011

Enclave Book Review

Enclave
Borrowed this book from the amazing Karen who has the same reading taste as me.

First time reading this author.

Girl15 lives underground and has for many years. She has been training to be a Huntress. She will get a new name that day and will be forever known as Deuce. She has been friends with Stone and Thimble since she was a brat.

Deuce is partnered with Fade to do patrols so that find meat , and fight freaks. On a patrol they get news from another enclave , and they are asked to check on the information. During this time , they meet the Burrowers who have artifacts. Fade and Deuce learn that there has been a change in the Freaks(zombies).

Deuce realizes that her life isn't what is seems , and that there is a rebellion already happening. She was very focused with the Hunters Tenets about surviving. She realizes that in her enclave that its like a prison , and a person can be exiled for anything.

I could picture this book as movie all the way through. Fade and Deuce are always moving and trying to survive the gangs, zombies.I think that's one of the reasons why I love dystopian books because there is always some form of hope to make the world a better place. There is hope found through the experiences of survival. It reminded me of one of my favorite movie series -- Resident Evil.

Fade and Deuce are exiled and have to go live topside. Its a new world and new terrors to survive. Deuce is a strong female character, and when the chips were down she was concerned about others. Deuce grows and changes being topside with her relationship with Fade. There are more Freaks to deal with topside but they are smarter.

Best Lines: You're cold and scared, relax its not like I'm trying to breed you
I've never had a partner pay this much attention to me before
I've never belonged anywhere til I met you

This book has action , some romance. I found this book to be one of the best books I have read so far this year. This review was hard to write with out giving much away but this book is GOOD. This book made me feel many emotions from crying to happy. I want to gush about this book and I think that's why this review was tough for me write. If you enjoyed Hunger Games , you will enjoy this book.

After reading this book, I'm still thinking about this world and characters. I want to know what happens in the next book already. I will be reading the next book in the series.

Book Review=A

I want to keep this book because I loved it so much but I have to pass it along. This book comes out April 12,2011.

3 comments:

  1. I saw someone tweet the other day that she thought this just might be "the" YA book of the year. After hearing that, I was definitely intrigued, and I've been looking for reviews since. Glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My FAVORITE FAVORITE Book in ages!! This year - last year - I loved it!!

    I'm so glad you loved it too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Awesome review! I'll have to check it out! :)

    ReplyDelete

Help me feed the Monkeys--We love comments

We are an award free zone. Thanks so much for all the previous awards, but I can't continue passing them on at this time. Thanks