Sunday, February 12, 2012

Angelina Secret & Fever Book Reviews

Angelina spent years in counseling learning that Josie, her imaginary friend, wasn't real, but it turns out her childhood friend wasn't imaginary after all.Now Angelina has to accept she's either (A) crazy or (B) able to see ghosts. Wanting to believe in her sanity, she chooses (B) and welcomes Josie back into her life. But even Josie can't help her deal with Shelly, the spirit of a confused teenager, and things go very, very wrong.When Angelina finds herself in a psychiatric hospital, she faces a choice: she can spend the rest of her life pretending to be someone she isn't, or she can embrace who she is and take a chance that she may never get to go home( good reads)


I read a couple chapters of this book and I couldn't get into it at all. I tried to relate to the character in some way.  Maybe it was the writing but this book wasn't enough for me to even get to page 50.


DNF 


Thanks to spencerhill for the book 


Fever is the second book in the chemical garden series. This book was a drug induced and many characters were sleeping though out it. There wasn't much in the way of the story moving ahead , but this book Rhine and Gabriel did go to the Carnival. There wasn't in the way of a relationship with Gabriel or Rhine. I found with the sleeping or many fevers that I didn't care as much as I should. 


Rhine still wears her wedding ring to Lindon, and has many memories of that time there and also of her sister wives. There was more information and we even see some memories of her life with her parents.  I mentioned on twitter that my mind was blown...I think it was because I kept hoping for something more from this book, and it didn't happen. Usually second books in the series will make or break whether or not I will continue on with it , and with this one I am on the fence.  I do think Housemaster Vaughn has some secrets and trying to solve the epidemic. I also think that the thought of trying to live the day was a good one. 


Book Review= D


Thanks to Mindy and this is my Book 


6 comments:

  1. I had a difficult time with Angelina's Secret too, although I did make myself finish it.

    Hopefully your next reads will be much better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and yes I hope that I can get into later but right now isn't it.

      Delete
  2. I know you were super excited for Fever so that sucks that you didn't care too much for it. :( Now I'm not in a hurry to read it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I Know it sucks when you are excited for a book and all the characters are fighting a fever LOL but seriously its great writing.

      Delete
  3. Wow, maybe you just were not in the mood for it, DNF at 50 is usually for 'horrendous' books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fever is the sequel to Wither right? My friend swears by Wither but I have not got to it yet.

    ReplyDelete

Help me feed the Monkeys--We love comments

We are an award free zone. Thanks so much for all the previous awards, but I can't continue passing them on at this time. Thanks