Monday, June 18, 2012

Blogging time machine

We have created a blogging time machine! Pretend you can start over. Knowing what you know now about blogging – what do you wish you did differently when it comes to creating your blog?

Well I would have started a plain ole book blog and still kept the family one separate. I wish that I had learned more SEO early on with blogging. I think I would have had a more general outline for book reviews. I like my style but need to change it up soon. I love that Rach designed my blog. I wish I would have found more book contacts earlier to get those books. 


I don't think that I would change much in the way of blogging. I have made wonderful friends online and all over the world. I love that I had hits from Starbucks to Amazon, and even Fox Broadcasting.  Yes its the little things . I would have loved to have been quoted on book somewhere but that hasn't happened yet. I have been happy with my growth and with the status of my blog to date. I love that I have friends that share their books , and I share mine with them. 


Other than what I have mentioned I have been happy with my blog. 


Thanks Karen and Tiger for this topic

7 comments:

  1. I always like when you combine family and books on your blog.
    I feel like that's *you* and it's always fun to have a little variety in blogs these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Karen. I like your blog that it mixes, I think it makes it you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also said I wish I had known about SEO before. That way I could have been doing the right thing from the beginning, instead of having to go back and figure it out months later.

    I agree that the family bits thrown in make your blog uniquely you. Don't change!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I'd known a bit more about SEO, too--I don't care so much about followers anymore, but I do like having my reivews appearing in such a way that internet searches can find them easily, and more people can access them.

    Blog design is another thing I would have liked to have done right sooner--Sandy at Scribing Shadows did my design about 8 months into blogging, and I've loved it so much! Your Rachel design is super-cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you are happy with little regrets. It is good you have found your niche.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I still don't know a lot about SEO. I also agree with Karen. I love how your blog incorporates your family including the title and header design!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes SEO, I am still not 100% clear on what this is or how to fully utilize it. I also love your design, it's very distinctive and fits the feel of your blog so well ^_^.

    ReplyDelete

Help me feed the Monkeys--We love comments

We are an award free zone. Thanks so much for all the previous awards, but I can't continue passing them on at this time. Thanks