Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Take Me Home for Christmas

Take Me Home for Christmas
Harlequin
Net Galley
5th in series
Oct 29

Sophia DeBussi lives the picture perfect life , and she was the mean girl in high school. Sophia and Skipp are married for the past 13 years, and they take a trip to celebrate their anniversary. Skipp leaves her , and ends up dying on the shore with some money taken. He also had taken many of the people of Whiskey Creeks money. Sophia has no clue, and that he is being investigated by the FBI. She has finished alcohol  rehab, and their marriage had some abuse in it.

Ted has been in love with her since forever . He is a writer , and he didn't invest with Skipp. He needs some help at his home . He also starts dating Eve , who is also part of the group. Ted has feelings for her but not the same as with Sophia.
Sophia gets a job working for Ted. She is also dealing with the Towns people over what Skipp taking the money. Alexa ( who is Sophia's daughter) is being bullied at the school. Sophia is cooking and cleaning over at Ted's place. She is trying to make up for all the poor choices she made over her lifetime. She is also dealing with family issues with her mom& also with the Debussi family. She doesn't really get along with the gang.
Ted has always loved Sophia . I loved that this book has the gang, and we are able to see what has happened with all the other characters. I love that families are growing, and that friendships are being made. I loved how the author tackled the tough issue with bullying, and loved seeing how Sophia was dealing with a different kind of Bullying. I loved this romance , and more secrets are revealed. I love the gang .

Book Review= B+

Thanks so much to Harlequin for the book and this is my Honest review



2 comments:

  1. Aw, sounds like a fun Christmas read! I love holiday-themed stories, I will have to remember this for the holidays. :)

    Fraaaaak. And now I see your 5 star rating, too. JOY, I DON'T HAVE TIME TO DEVIATE FROM THE PLAN.

    Wendy @ The Midnight Garden

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read a Brenda Novak novel before. Sounds cute and Christmasy

    ReplyDelete

Help me feed the Monkeys--We love comments

We are an award free zone. Thanks so much for all the previous awards, but I can't continue passing them on at this time. Thanks