Wednesday, June 9, 2010

School of Possibities--Book Review

Storm Steele is an impossible child.




Or so his parents believe thanks to the influence of his evil “step-monster.” Now Storm is being forced to attend the School of Possibilities for troubled youth. But Storm notices that something strange is going on at his new school. The students are not…normal.



Soon he’s being spied on, followed by classmates—and worst of all, forced to accept the headmaster’s perfectly behaved daughter as his girlfriend. He can feel himself becoming more obedient, more like his classmates. Storm tries to resist, but he doesn’t understand how or why the school is controlling him.



Can Storm escape—or will he be turned into a zombie of “good” behavior like everyone else around him( goodreads.com)

I had a tough time reading this book. I understand that it was translated from Finnish language. This boy gets in trouble and gets sent to this school. Everyone there is perfect or like Zombies. I didn't get that at all. I felt that they were more like step ford kids. There is this lady is who is seeing his dad...but this is why I found this this book confusing. His parents are seperated, but then they are together working on his debt to the school. He has get a badge removed ..and all this time Storm is in contact with the renegades. He doesn't know who to trust . At the school he gets a friend and girlfriend , but the parents had to pay extra for them at this special school. If you can understand a bit of this--this was like the book.

I had to make myself finish this book. It was a tough book and very vague ..which to me as a reader I want some answers.You might like it..It was okay. It also had some cute pictures that middle schoolers would like and went with the book.

I know my daughter has mentioned she wants to read it , and I'll let her read  it.

Book Review=3

This book is already out in book stores.

Thanks to Sourebooks for the book and this is my Honest Review.

1 comment:

  1. The book sounds a bit confusing. As I was reading I was thinking it was very stepford-ish and then you said it too.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog. Glad to hearing I'm not the only one who started wearing heels at a young age.

    ReplyDelete

Help me feed the Monkeys--We love comments

We are an award free zone. Thanks so much for all the previous awards, but I can't continue passing them on at this time. Thanks