Sunday, July 11, 2010

Blood Song--BWB Book Review

Blood Song
Celia Graves is a Body Guard and tonight is night to guard a prince. She lives in the guest house of her friend Vicki and she is level 9 psychic and lives in Institution.

This is a different world with Vamps and werewolves and they have to away from the general population which was different from other vampire books.

Celia got bit by a Bat and is only 1/2 vamp and has to have medication to live. Celia is bound a determined to stop and kill the bat that made her into a vamp. That's what most of the book was Celia trying to remember what happened after the bite and what happened to her best friend Vicki.

Celia has two love interests of Kevin and Bruno and this does play into her family history because they are friends..but there was hardly any romance to speak of which was a let down. Celia also remembers her dreams and she has some mother issues and she is working with Det. Gibson to figure out what happened to her.

Very different world with all these magical creatures in the open or in Institution. I guess I was hoping for something more or that this book would go a different way . I did like the cover of this book. I did find this book to be more a set up into this world , but I didn't connect with any of the characters nor did I see any romance. There was flirting and remembering past relationships..but that's it.  I did like that her friends did help her when she became an Abomination( vamp)

Book Review=3
BWB = 2/4

Bought this book at my local store and this is my Honest review

2 comments:

  1. That's the worst - when you just never get the feel for a character. That's happened to me several times lately. Such a disappointment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous13 July, 2010

    I still havent gotten my copy...:( I ordered it last week and still am waiting!!! I hope I like it because I seriously hate spending 12 bucks on a book and then hate it.

    ReplyDelete

Help me feed the Monkeys--We love comments

We are an award free zone. Thanks so much for all the previous awards, but I can't continue passing them on at this time. Thanks