Sunday, August 1, 2010

Stiltsville-Book Review

Stiltsville: A Novel
Francis goes to Miami for a wedding and meets Dennis , Kyle and Marse. They become great friends and the descriptions of the beach are beautiful and I feel like I'm there.

The story starts in 1969 and with Francis going to a wedding and meeting Dennis.

This is beautiful story of family and friendships and knowing that its tough to be married and have the same job and not being happy.

Dennis's family has the stiltsville house and the family comes to it often to escape from the daily life and to hang out with their best friends. Bette is Dennis's sister and she around alot with someone Francis can talk to and talk about with what ever is on her mind. I love seeing the family aspect and how it changes over time and her relationships with her family and friends.

The house in the picture is just as important as the relationships that we cultivate and grow over time .

Marriages are hard and they go in phases of ups and down just like the ocean and how strong the relationships last against a stilt house. I loved this book. There were many great thoughts by Frannie over the course of the book, and loved that she was so loved the water as much as her husband.

Great Beach read and I'm enjoying the characters and their story very much and this a book to pass along to friends and family.

Great debut novel

Book Review= B/4

Thanks to Harper for the book and this is my Honest Review

4 comments:

  1. Hey Julie! thanks for linking your review!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there. I just awarded you the Versatile Blogger Award.
    Alison Can Read Awards

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cool marriage analogy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm touring the reviews for the Ultimate Reviewer's Challenge, I enjoyed reading this one and hope you're having a great vacation!

    ReplyDelete

Help me feed the Monkeys--We love comments

We are an award free zone. Thanks so much for all the previous awards, but I can't continue passing them on at this time. Thanks