Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Unraveled--Book Review

Unraveled Aden/Victoria and Riley/ Mary Ann are back again to deal with Fairies, Witches and family . Oh My.

This book was longer than the first book and since this is the second book it did move the story along but only by a week or two weeks after the first book.

Aden is now king of the Vampires and has many more responsibilities and Victoria is helping him is new role.

Riley and Mary Ann are having romantic problems in their new relationship and it seems that Mary Ann has a new power that wrecks havoc on everyone in good and bad ways through the story.

Why did I want to read this book ?? I wanted to know what happened with Riley & Mary Ann. We see glimpses of Tucker and Penny and there wasn't much of going to school . Aden seemed to asleep alot of the story line which isn't good for the character. We do learn more about Shannon from the boys ranch. Three souls are still in him and we learn more about the witches and Caleb.

I like to read all the pages of the book including the thanks and this book had a table of contents of all the characters which was needed at times. To me this book seemed hard to write for Gena and with so many new characters and my hopes for the for what I thought would happen--didn't happen.

Glad to see that this is PG-13 book but there is talk of taking the relationships to the next level with Riley and Mary Ann and Aden/Victoria. There was lot of fighting and trying not to die with was foretold by one of the souls about Aden. Mary Ann become a stronger girl and glad that she was able to grow in her friendships with Victoria and Riley.

This book comes out Aug 31 and I reviewed this from an ARC

Book Review =3/C

Thanks to Karen for the book borrow and this is my Honest Review

7 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of this series before-I'm really going to have to check it out now. It just sounds so interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, I totally have to read this book. I love the first one and have been waiting for this one. Glad to hear you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your welcome Julie! Glad you (semi) enjoyed it :-))
    I haven't started the series yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked but didn't love the first and am iffy about the sequel - but like you I'm interested in what happens to the characters. Thanks for the review!


    ~Alyssa
    Teens Read and Write

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice review Julie...:D Im not finishing the series but Im glad to know Im not missing to much.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like the pacing issues from the first book are still here in the second- I wonder if there's just too much going on and too many characters and everything just needs to be streamlined a little bit. Too bad, I had high hopes for this series.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your right emily about the pacing and characters ...

    I had high hopes too and really thought that book 2 would answer them , and not add more questions. I do still only care about mary ann/riley. Also the other souls in his head weren't addressed.

    Overall I did like it but when an author says that this book was hard to write ..Glad I let you all know about the book and my thoughts and go read it if you want and just don't go by my review.

    ReplyDelete

Help me feed the Monkeys--We love comments

We are an award free zone. Thanks so much for all the previous awards, but I can't continue passing them on at this time. Thanks