Thursday, April 7, 2011

What happened to our family night

waiting in er

this the splint after the surgery
got this from kids

We have been doing Family fun nights once a month. Last month was Chuckie Cheese. Thankful for friends and family. Thankful parents who watched the kids while we waited in the ER. Grateful for the help all around. Next month is Movie May.

Went skating in the circle a bit fast, tried to slow down. i fell on my bottom and used my wrist to break the fall. Watch broke. Made it to the wall, and fainted. Fire and ambulance showed up.  That's around 9 pm. Went to ER room and waited. Got xrays done by a lovely lady. Waited in lobby some more. Got some pills to help with pain. Fainted again and tossed a little. This is around 11pm. Waited some more...then finally  in room in ER..fainted again. Also found a bed for me and the option to have surgery or come back in 2-3 days...decided that since I was already there and needed it. Got into room around 3 am. Didn't sleep very well and had a much older lady  next to me. 8 am and no breakfast, wheeled down for surgery. Woke up around 1030 am and hungry. Had lunch and dinner before I could leave the hospital. Got a  lovely splint on my arm.

Telling my kids I'm like Luke Skywalker and that scene with his hand. Got medication and dealing with the pain. That was my Monday and Tuesday. I'm also getting alot of help right now.

I will have to wear this splint for 6 weeks to 2 months. Hoping to get that all scheduled soon.
I do have some books to read and most of my posts are scheduled for this month. Get to Book Bloggers will be soon. Also my last interview is with Kate Perry, so almost the end of the Local Author Series.

I do have some books to read

14 comments:

  1. You poor thing! I hope you heal quickly!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ((hugs)) I hope your arm gets better soon~and you were smart to do the surgery then. I've had a couple of trips to the ER this year with my dad, and it's not fun. If you need any help with your blog let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor thing! You went through a lot that night!!

    Please let me know if there is anything I can do even though I'm waaay over here.

    <333333

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I hope you feel better soon. Hopefully your next family night is less eventful :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! What an evening! I hope you feel better soon and that it heals quickly and well. Best wishes! The flowers from your kids are very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooo and ouch. You poor thing... that will teach you for trying to be a good mom and do family fun nights!!! Next time stick DVD in let the kids entertain themselves while you stay safely on the sofa.

    Take it easy.

    Leigh
    www.leighfallon.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you feel better quick!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, that's a family fun night your family will never forget. Way to make it memorable! LOL

    Many {HUGS} and wishes for a speedy recovery. Hang in there, Action Mama.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG, you had quite an eventful family night!! This totally sounds like something that would happen to me O.O Hope it heals quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh no! I am SOOOO sorry.

    Happy healing and reading.

    BTW, I LOVE that you added another of my fav men (James McAvoy) to your sidebar.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The family that plays together goes to the hospital together. Hope you get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ouchie! Best of luck for a speedie recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awww friend! That really stinks.

    Did your hubs get it on video?...J/K.

    Get lots of rest and eat some icecream.

    ReplyDelete

Help me feed the Monkeys--We love comments

We are an award free zone. Thanks so much for all the previous awards, but I can't continue passing them on at this time. Thanks