Friday, October 21, 2011

Sleight Book Review


I have had this book in my reading pile for some time.

Gemma Flannery is from the circus and finally settling down for her last year of high school . She has seen shades all of her life, and her mom has passed on and she also had a mental illness. She meets Henry Dmitri and her life changes. I did like that there wasn't insta love between the characters but it wasn't a courtship either. I did like that they were instant messaging and getting to know one another besides talking at school.

She learns more about the secrets surrounding her life. She learns that she is one of the last heirs to a magical book named the Avrakeda VRA.

This book was one of those gems that I didn't realize that had. The chapters titles were aptly named and gave some idea of what might be happening in the book.

This book had magic, shades, family, kissing , and villain.

The Villain was a family member and I couldn't believe that some one would do that to them.

This was interesting and kept me up late reading. I wanted to see what would happen with Gem and Henry.

Book Review= B

Thanks to the author for the book and this is my Honest Review



2 comments:

  1. Don't you love when you have an amazing book right under your nose and didn't even know it??

    ReplyDelete

Help me feed the Monkeys--We love comments

We are an award free zone. Thanks so much for all the previous awards, but I can't continue passing them on at this time. Thanks