Thursday, April 19, 2012

The Selection Book Review

America Singer has been secretly dating Aspen for the past two years, but they haven't done anything physical yet. In this world, that would become punishable. There is a Selection of girls all vying for Prince Maxon hand in marriage. America is of age and is entered into this contest.
She is herself through out the process but still mourning the loss of Aspen. She becomes friends with Maxon, and some of the other girls.

I am mixed on this book because I didn't like finding out the history of this world in chapter 17 ,well over 200 pages. This world is interesting because it has a caste system and the girls vying for his hand are all different part of the caste system. Maxon is finally understanding why some girls are doing the Selection.

I did enjoy that Maxon and America are friends first. But I can see a triangle within this series with certain characters. I would have liked to have seen a map of this world , but sadly there isn't or even a code for all the caste levels.

I did like this but I didn't love it. I did enjoy this more over Incarnate which is weird since I couldn't stand Incarnate. America is a strong and independent woman. She also loves her family too. I would let my daughter read this book. I think I missed more of the world building of this new world. I also only watched 2 seasons of The Bachelor.

Best Line: I don't think Maxon would do that, just discount someone because of their caste.


I am not your dear 

Book Review = C+/B

This book comes out April 24

Thanks Harper teen for this book and this is my Honest review

4 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed INCARNATE. But, in regards to SELECTION, I really just didn't connect with any of the characters. America joined the pool of candidates for really ridiculous reasons, and Aspen was dumb for encouraging her. I just wanted so much more from this book, and it really fell flat. But, I know a lot of people have read this and loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard mixed things. But i'm still curious and excited for it as well. I think the hearing about it being a cw tv series makes me want to read it more. Do you think you'll watch it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not too sure if I would watch it. I enjoyed Maxon over Aspen. But usually with my luck the show will be cancelled.

      I did watch Gilmore Girls and Smallville on CW. a big Maybe

      Delete
  3. I really want to know who they will get to play the guys. I mean I know they'll be attractive because that's how the CW rolls but since I already know I like the main actress (Texas Forever!), I hope I like the guys too.

    ReplyDelete

Help me feed the Monkeys--We love comments

We are an award free zone. Thanks so much for all the previous awards, but I can't continue passing them on at this time. Thanks