Monday, November 5, 2012

Blogger & Politics-- Blog Cofession

Should bloggers & authors discuss politics? Does that turn you off to a blogger or an authors books if they tweet/post about their political positions or do you appreciate their passionate point of view? 

I enjoy this topic and seeing how many people feel about it. Sometimes it does turn me off when that's all a blogger or author discusses it. I may not always agree with your point of view but I won't bash you , and I hope for the same thing when I blog or tweet something. 

I understand being passionate about something, and that's great, but I have commercials, TV, phone calls, and mailers asking for my vote. Sometimes it gets to too much. Yes I have unfollowed someone for two much talking about politics . 


I think this blog post by Emily was spot on . 


I do vote and have voted in every election, and I make it a point to have my voice be heard through the political process. Not everything I want wins or passes. Such is life. 


Thanks to Karen and Pam for this topic 


11 comments:

  1. I think I'd be turned off if a fave book blogger all of sudden started sharing political views opposed to my own but I probably wouldn't be too bothered if they agreed with me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't mind it. Unless it's mean spirited, you are entitled to your opinion. You can't entirely turn off that side of you just because you blog.

    I just don't see how tweeting your politics *incessantly* helps your cause any. I'm sure it turns more people off.

    I've done a few political tweets but they tend to be humorous ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. nodding my head with you. I dislike the mean spirited ones.

      Delete
  3. I don't like it at all. If it's on a blog, I will unfollow them. If it's on Twitter, I will hide them and unhide them after the election. If it continues, I will unfriend them. I don't mind occasional lighthearted funny gentle pokes but anything else is a total no go for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. totally agree with you on unfriending or not following them :(

      Delete
  4. I can see how it gets to be too much, especially at this time of year. I kind of can't wait for the Election to be over...but then I think we'll hear just as much complaining and Tweeting of political views.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. I am tired of all the calls, mailers etc.

      Delete
  5. At the end of the day...R-E-S-P-E-C-T. Tell you what it means to me... lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. I look the other way when it's an occasional opinion, but I do get annoyed when there's a constant stream of it. And the thing about politics is, people get very heated up so tweets/posts are vehemently expressed, and they often imply anyone who disagrees is an idiot. That, I'm not cool with, and that's mostly why I don't like seeing political tweets as a general rule. It's also not why I follow people on GR, Twitter, FB, etc. (My eyes cross when people get long winded about a lot of things, frankly.)

    That said, I get that people also use social media to vent or talk to friends in addition to the on-topic stuff that drew me to them in the first place. And I have read some extremely thoughtful, passionate posts that were non-ranty that I appreciated, like Laurel Snyder's. But mostly I just try to avoid reading the excess chatter.

    Sorry for the insanely long answer, Julie!

    ReplyDelete

Help me feed the Monkeys--We love comments

We are an award free zone. Thanks so much for all the previous awards, but I can't continue passing them on at this time. Thanks