Thursday, February 7, 2013

House Rules Book Review ( Book #7)

Merit and Ethan are back and trying to get out from the GP. Rogue vamps are being killed. Merit & Ethan are living in his apartment , and are a couple.
Celina is back and helping with the discussions. Matt is the security expert and helping the house gets its info together. Jonah is back too , and her partner for the Red Guard. Merit & Ethan are working on their issues as a couple, but the whole house feels out of whack when they are disagreeing.

We do see Catcher/Jeff/ Mallory/Morgan in the book. Merit is working on her friendship with Mallory. Merit is the Nancy drew about town trying to solve the murders of the rogue vamps. There is a big bad baddie , and yes they solve it.

This book was a make or break with me with the series. This book did have sexy times, and true relationship squabbles. There was less mention of food, and it did seem to come back to its roots with snarky comments. But as a whole I have been disappointed in the last two books, and even the holdout on the vision  wouldn't have been enough for me  read on. So Not too sure.

This series reminds me of the scooby gang with vamps, shifters, and fairies. I was glad that this book was more adult and loved the many conversations in their room. I guess I am still at a crossroad with the series.  I love that the series will recap for those readers who haven't been with it ( Not).  I have been with this series since the beginning, so I might be harsher than other readers. This book was better , but after 2 misfires what is a reader to do. I did really miss Catcher & Jeff & Gabe & Jonah at times more than Merit.

I do think that its time that I break up with you book series. I can't handle all the drawing out of this relationship . Glad that this series is back to its roots , but as a fan I have been invested in the last 7 and now time to bid you adieu . 

Book Review= C

Thanks to penguin/Nal for the book and this is my Honest Review

This book came out Feb 5th

7 comments:

  1. I made it to halfway through the second book and gave up. Glad to see you made if further than me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, I'm sorry to hear you're breaking up with Merit and Ethan, Julie! I still love this series, but I know you're not the only friend I have who isn't as thrilled with it anymore. I'll just have to keep reading for all of you. ;)

    Wendy @ The Midnight Garden

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes I have other friends still reading it but Yes I am sad to leave the gang and I love the minor characters more ...but I did give the series many chances to win me over LOL

      Delete
  3. You are the FIRST person to say this about this book that is still with the series (that I've seen). I stopped reading after book 5 because I was sick of the Ethan wishy washy crap and didn't like what had happened at the end of book 4, it felt REALLY cheap. I kept seeing awesome reviews of this book and was considering going ahead and angry-reading book 6 so that I could see if the direction was going to be enough to lure me back. After reading your review, nope! I think I'm fine peacing out at book 5. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes and wow to be the FIRST . I love that it came back to the roots of the series but with the last books ...I had to make a choice and this series it. Thanks so much.

      Delete
  4. I can see why you decided to break up with the series. Merit is still a favorite of mine, but there is still something missing and I'm not sure what it is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is why I don't really like series as a whole. I broke up with the Anita Blake series long ago and I guess I got burned, lol. I just can't open my heart to another series (starts sobbing). JK, anyway I think your reasons are valid and it's time to move on.

    ReplyDelete

Help me feed the Monkeys--We love comments

We are an award free zone. Thanks so much for all the previous awards, but I can't continue passing them on at this time. Thanks