Monday, February 24, 2014

Vicious & Half Bad Book reviews

Vicious
from Karen
Tor
adult
sept 2013

Victor Vale is the son of famous people. He loves to blackout books. He meets Eli , and they both have a thesis due. He choose EO people.
Victor and Eli both try to become Extraordinary people. They both die in different ways, and this affects their powers. Victor meets some others, and his life hasn't been easy. Eli's life changes too.

I loved this book and how it discussed superhero's and how they came to be , and the discussion about nature & nurture. Also whether or not someone has a soul after they die, and come back. This book was a wild ride, and loved all the different point of views. This book was amazing good.

Book Review= B+



Half Bad
1st in a series
Viking
for review
March 4

Nathan is a half code of white witch and black witch. His father is the most evil man , and has killed others for their powers. His mother has killed herself, and has been living with Grandma.

His mother married and loved another, but she also loved Marcus who is Nathan's dad. Nathan has two other siblings and they both treat him differently. Nathan has been living away from his family , and also has been living in a cage. When he is 17 , he will get his 3 gifts. Nathan knows that he is different from other witches.

This book at times did remind me of Harry Potter. I loved that this book explored prejudices with black and white. Evil is also subjective because the supposed good people are hunting and torturing them. Some of them are tattooed  . I have had some time to think about this book , and it didn't wow me . I do want to see what happens next to Nathan, and those he trusts. I adore the cover , and loved that this took place in England.

Book Review= B-

2 comments:

  1. I haven't really heard of anyone being wowed by Half Bad and I do keep hearing about the HP comparisons.

    Loved Vicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am reading Half Bad now and really enjoying it, thank you for the review.

    ReplyDelete

Help me feed the Monkeys--We love comments

We are an award free zone. Thanks so much for all the previous awards, but I can't continue passing them on at this time. Thanks