Thursday, September 10, 2009

True Blue-- Book Review

Mason "Mace" Perry was a firebrand cop on the D.C. police force until she was kidnapped and framed for a crime. She lost everything-her badge, her career, her freedom-and spent two years in prison. Now she's back on the outside and focused on one mission: to be a cop once more. Her only shot to be a true blue again is to solve a major case on her own, and prove she has the right to wear the uniform. But even with her police chief sister on her side, she has to work in the shadows: A vindictive U.S. attorney is looking for any reason to send Mace back behind bars. Then Roy Kingman enters her life. Roy is a young lawyer who aided the poor until he took a high-paying job at a law firm in Washington. Mace and Roy meet after he discovers the dead body of a female partner at the firm. As they investigate the death, they start uncovering surprising secrets from both the private and public world of the nation's capital. Soon, what began as a fairly routine homicide takes a terrifying and unexpected turn-into something complex, diabolical, and possibly lethal. (Goodreads.com)

I have read his other books--Absolute Power , and the Camel Club Series. I do enjoy his stories. I also did a review for First Family.

Mace gets out of jail and wants to prove her self and become a cop. She was put away for 2 years for a crime she didn't commit. Elizabeth is her sister and Chief Police in the District of Columbia.

This is a story about sisters and what we do help them out. The story had twists and turns and very little romance, and interesting topics about spies, money. I wasn't expecting the ending but it made sense to the story. I felt like I was Mase...and she was a busy bee trying to solve her case.

The story was fast moving and flowed. I think that there will more books with these characters or I hope. I didn't read this book too fast but I enjoyed the characters of the sisters relationship.

This is book that I recommend and would pass along to friends and family. I know mom,you can borrow this book. I'll put this aside for you.

This book comes out Oct 20,2009 and $27.99

I give this book 4 out of 5 stars.


4 comments:

  1. This sounds like a really good mystery. A cop in jail... That sounds dangerous in its own. But to see what she goes through and does to find out the truth sounds like a great story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only read The Winner but loved it! He is a good author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey girl, thank you for signing up for Blog with Bite. I just put up the new blogsite. You are now official and on the banner! Email me if you have any questions rrivera39 @ cox (dot) net

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh, you know me so well. I would love to borrow the book. Thanks for thinking of me!!!

    ReplyDelete

Help me feed the Monkeys--We love comments

We are an award free zone. Thanks so much for all the previous awards, but I can't continue passing them on at this time. Thanks