Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The Cold Room-- Book Review

Homicide Detective Taylor Jackson thinks she's seen it all in Nashville-- but she never's seen anything as perverse as the Conductor. Once his victim is captured, he contains her in a glass coffin, slowly staving her to death. Only then does he give in to his attraction. Later , he creatively disposes the body by reenacting scenes from famous paintings( Back of the Book)

Taylor Jackson- detective , main character
John Baldwin-- fiance, Psych BAU
James "Memphis" Highsmythe- Scotland Yard Rep for the case

This was a good mystery and love that the romance and mystery was spaced well. Interesting location for a town, but I liked it. I like art , so this was a nice touch to the book.

This a series and I'm not too sure of the number I'm on with this book. It appears that some things have happened to Taylor that I didn't know concerning The Pretender.

The story takes place over 1 week from Tuesday to Tuesday. Taylor has been engaged to John for some time. Memphis is attracted to Taylor because she looks like his dead wife. The book was realistic with cop office politics . This was a interesting topic and I stayed up late to finish the book. I will be reading the next book in the series because I wonder whats going to happen with Taylor, John, and Memphis.

Book Review=4

Thanks to Planned Television Arts for the book and this is my Honest review.

This book comes out March 2010

3 comments:

  1. OHH this sounds good! :) Thank you for the review...off to add this one to my wants list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got this from the mail last Friday from PTA too. Haven't started reading it though :( I am excited now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a Stephen King fan. I usually don't read books because they put me to sleep. I'm your newest follower. Hope you can find the time to follower me too.

    ReplyDelete

Help me feed the Monkeys--We love comments

We are an award free zone. Thanks so much for all the previous awards, but I can't continue passing them on at this time. Thanks