Top 10 Ways to Recruit Team Members
By Gini Koch
It’s been noted that Katherine “Kitty” Katt-Martini catches people in her wake and drags them along with her on her adventures. Sure, this means that said people become involved in the fight to protect the Earth from all the evil -- internal and very external -- trying to destroy it. It also means a lot of people have gotten to rethink their original career plans, just as Kitty did, and are now enjoying fulfilling careers with Centaurion Division.
In honor of the release of Kitty’s latest exploits, chronicled in Alien in the House, here’s her good go-to list for how to pick new besties and teammates to save the world with. Your existing BFFs -- like the former top international male model, the self-made millionaire who now works in the C.I.A., and your high school and college girlfriends -- will all agree these folks belong in the posse.
10. Look for someone who has at least three jobs who is also in medical school and cage fights as a hobby -- such a person is invaluable and should be dragged along, whether or not he thinks you’re sane at first.
9. Trojan football is always here to help -- choose the smartest player and the one who’s a closet comics geek, they’ll do you right.
8. When you identify a man who knows everyone, knows how to do everything, and can solve the most challenging problems with a smile, hold him close, never let him go, and give him a nice title like Concierge Majordomo.
7. There’s a lot more to Troubadours than Empaths, Imageers, and Dream Readers want you to know; keep your eyes open for a good one.
6. Girls like to kick butt too and are normally a lot better at it than the menfolk want to admit; ensure you keep a good supply of Riot Grrrls around -- sure they say they like the scientific stuff the best, but put a rocket launcher in their hands and they’re soon singing the Adrenaline Junkie tune.
5. A girl who seems a little unstable but who makes excellent explosives is a girl who should be kept around.
4. Just because someone seems like a stuffed shirt when you first meet doesn’t mean he won’t actually be the zig to your zag; test him out with baseball and musical cues and you’ll soon know if he’s a keeper.
3. Older folks like to cut loose, too; never overlook the man who everyone thinks is merely a figurehead -- he’s probably able to make James Bond look like a kindergartener and show up the guys half his age.
2. A nosy investigative reporter is a PIA; one who’s always right and who actually cares about being on the side of right, on the other hand, is a treasure who should be given scoops all the time so the other reporters are very jealous.
1. When aliens arrive to divide and conquer, remember that even though they may look different from you, deep down the good ones all like the same things -- kicking butt, rock ‘n’ roll, and saving the day, not necessarily in that order.
Gini Koch lives in Hell’s Orientation Area (aka Phoenix, AZ), works her butt off (sadly, not literally) by day, and writes by night with the rest of the beautiful people. She writes the fast, fresh and funny Alien/Katherine “Kitty” Katt series for DAW Books, the Necropolis Enforcement Files series, and the Martian Alliance Chronicles series for Musa Publishing. As G.J. Koch she writes the Alexander Outland series. She also writes under a variety of other pen names (including Anita Ensal, Jemma Chase, A.E. Stanton, and J.C. Koch), listens to all kinds of music 24/7, and is a proud comics geek-girl willing to discuss at any time why Wolverine is the best superhero ever (even if Deadpool does get all the best lines). She speaks frequently on what it takes to become a successful author and other aspects of writing and the publishing business. She is also the Lead Editor at Raphael’s Village, an online, nonpaying ’zine. Because she wasn’t busy enough, Gini’s added on featured guest columnist, reviewer, and webcaster for Slice of SciFi and It’s Comic Book Day. She can be reached through her website at www.ginikoch.com.
You are in Luck, today I get do giveaway and its INTERNATIONAL
Winners choice of of one between Book 2/Alien Tango, Book 3/Alien in the Family, or Book4/Alien Proliferation, signed and personalized, with a set of cover
magnets, cover postcards, and signed flyers.