Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Nantucket Blue & The Secret Ingredient

Cricket is best friend with Jules. Zack is Jules younger brother , and he flirts with her sometimes. Jules mother invited Cricket to come to the cape with their family, but she suddenly dies. The vacation with Jules family isn't going to happen.
Cricket finds a job , and then loses it. She finds another job and is able to work on the cape , and see Jules. Also her crush is also there too.

This is a summer of growth for Cricket and her relationships with Jules, Zack , and even her mom. Cricket makes some good friends & even reads her mom's journal  when they were both the same age.

Book Review= C

Thanks Disney for the letting me read the book and it comes out May 7 and this is my Honest Review
Like with Cooking and having all the right ingredients..a book is the same way. No recipe for making cooking is always going to be the same, neither is reading a book.
Olivia loves to cook , and she does odd jobs for her neighbors and cooks at the family restaurant. She lives with her Dads. Her parents are having relationship issues and financial issues too. She finds a old cookbook with notes about a relationship and hints with cooking. She also is even more curious about her mom. She gets another job and runs into her crush , who is also having family issues.

This was an okay story but I didn't really connect with anyone at all. This seemed to read like a journal entries . This was a story of self growth and realizing what is the secret ingredient. I was glad that there was a family , and that she had friends.

Book Review= C

Thanks Random House for the book and this is my Honest Review and this book comes out June 11

3 comments:

  1. Both sound cute summer reads.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ended up DNFing Nantucket Blue, and we're going to be giving it away next week--it's a little weird since I have so many friends who loved it! But it just didn't call to me for whatever reason.

    Wendy @ The Midnight Garden

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed Nantucket Blue -- loved the setting and those scenes at the inn!

    You can find me here: Jen @ YA Romantics

    ReplyDelete

Help me feed the Monkeys--We love comments

We are an award free zone. Thanks so much for all the previous awards, but I can't continue passing them on at this time. Thanks