Monday, January 4, 2010

Fallen/ Hush Hush review



Fallen is about Angels. This was another talked about book in 2009. Luce is always meeting Dan every 17 years and dies or doesn't last for very long. I would to meet and be attracted to 2 boys in my first week of reform school. Loved the cast of characters like Gabbe, Cam, Arriana. This takes place in the south at a boarding school. Luce colors to wear at this reform school is black. Dan has always been in love with Luce. He also runs hot and cold with her . By the 16th chapter I finally understood more about Dan and why he acted certain ways. I liked this book because it has a love triangle, mystery, and romance. I loved the cover of this book and its a good story. The next book is Torment and comes out Sept 2010. This I'm excited for ;)


Book Review=4


Hush Hush is also about Angels. This was another big talked about book in 2009. This book has Patch and his mysterous ways. Nora Grey is drawn to Patch and can't decide to run or hide from him. She meets in her biology class. Nora along with her friend Vee are looking for love. Nora is trying to be a student and solve paranormal all on her own. They live in Farmhouse at the end of town. She has a cell phone but the house doesn't have fast internet..that didn't make sense. Nora seems to know the cops better than I thought she would. Her mom is busy working and is hardly around like in Twilight.( Pet Peeve right now). This book mentions the Book of Enoch and this is important to the story along with Cheshvan.I didn't really like Patch or understand why he loved Nora.


Book Review=4

If you read either of these books..what was your favorite ?? I will continue to read both in these series but I preferred Fallen over Hush Hush.

These are mY BOOKS and my honest thoughts on them.

8 comments:

  1. I just wanted to stop by and tell you thank you so much for the Christmas card and the pictures; your family is so lovely! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just finished Hush Hush over my holiday travels. I liked it. It was not my favorite though. It was interesting for sure but I felt that it didn't give me enough in the beginning. I would have like a bit more and not have to wait until the very end for it all to come together. I will read the next book though :) Gotta see what happens!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've only read Hush Hush. I'm still not quite sure if I'm going to read Fallen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read hush hush snd thought it was okay. You did a good job on the reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read Fallen (to be reviewed one of these days). Hush, Hush is on my wishlist. I wasn't all so impressed with Fallen, but I'm still eager to read Torment.

    Great reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have read Fallen and Hush Hush. I liked Fallen better. I think Fallen starts out by grabing your attion,and unlike Hush Hush, Fallen does not let go of the main point and make you hold your breath a couple of chapters befor it gets to the next chain of events. Fallen keeps you reading, diging deeper into the book because the way it is writen makes you want to find out what will happen next with Luce. I relize that some people did not find this book enjoyable but all is a matter opinion, even mine is only an opinion. Hush Hush is a good book with a good story but I find the plot a bit tedious and it seems to take a completely diffrent turn, and having a hard time getting back to the point. All in all Hush Hush was an o.k. book it just needs a bit more substance. But thats just hte opinion of a 13 year old girl.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also noticed some similarities in the book such as: Luce cracks her knuckels when she is stress or has to make a decision under pressure. Nora does this when she becomes stressed as well. At first glance Hush Hush seems lie a flipped version of Fallen. I would say that these are good quick reads. It takes me about five hours to read these type of books.

    ReplyDelete

Help me feed the Monkeys--We love comments

We are an award free zone. Thanks so much for all the previous awards, but I can't continue passing them on at this time. Thanks