Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Teacher Appreciation Week



Ode to Teachers: Teachers Appreciation Week

Teachers, you see a side to my kids that I don't usually see( the well behaved)
You stimulate their brains with Tests and Homework
You Give them Homework , so I can see whats happening in class
Root for my children -no matter the grade 
Have conferences with me to let me know how they are doing
I can email you at any time with my concerns or how my child is thinking
Get awards for your job sometimes
Take them on Field trips to new places
You have an awesome health care package or so I've heard
Your job isn't always over once the kids leave school
You have to buy your own school supplies or ask parents for it
Have to fight for your job , if you get a PINK SLIP
Helped make the transition from one school to another
Go the extra mile ..many times over
Have to deal with politics  with job
Have to ask for Parental help in the classroom
Have lesson plans for the class but they change over times with kids and learning
I get to know you better through having my kids in the class
Drop off something to my house-when you don't have to
You can see their Potential and what they can accomplish


Thanks to all my kids teachers for all that you do and for doing all these things and other Teachers out there too.

12 comments:

  1. Awww, thank you Julie! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teachers are the biggest outside influence for kids - we need to be supportive of them. Most are doing an excellent job! I also posted about my son's teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julie. Thank you for leaving me a comment and visiting. I'm a Gemini too so happy birthday coming up! I used to plan all the Teacher Appreciation Weeks. OMGosh it got so out of hand when at a new school so we had to reign it in and make it more what it's really about - simple and sincere 'thank yous'. I love books too. It's the one thing I can multi-task on! Happy Mother's Day with your monkeys! :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you nailed that one! Hooray for teachers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, great poem! It's really great to see so many people remembering the good things about teachers and the hard work they do :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a nice tribute to teachers everywhere!

    Visiting from Mama Kat's Writer's Workshop. We used the mom memories prompt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. I loved this. So sweet. Those pictures are just awesome. I hope your kids teachers have wonderful weeks : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Visiting from Mama Kats ...

    My son adores his teacher (he is in Kindergarten) .. to the point where he is starting to take her words and teachings more seriously than anything I say!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think good teachers are exceptional human beings and have my highest respect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Should I appreciate my child's daycare lady? I always get confused on this one. That was very good Julie, I hope the teachers appreciate having a good involved Mommy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous12 May, 2010

    Thanks for the Teacher Appreciation post! It is nice to be recognized.

    ReplyDelete

Help me feed the Monkeys--We love comments

We are an award free zone. Thanks so much for all the previous awards, but I can't continue passing them on at this time. Thanks