Monday, June 28, 2010

Incarceron-- BWB Book review

Incarceron -- a futuristic prison, sealed from view, where the descendants of the original prisoners live in a dark world torn by rivalry and savagery. It is a terrifying mix of high technology -- a living building which pervades the novel as an ever-watchful, ever-vengeful character, and a typical medieval torture chamber -- chains, great halls, dungeons. A young prisoner, Finn, has haunting visions of an earlier life, and cannot believe he was born here and has always been here. In the outer world, Claudia, daughter of the Warden of Incarceron, is trapped in her own form of prison -- a futuristic world constructed beautifully to look like a past era, an imminent marriage she dreads. She knows nothing of Incarceron, except that it exists. But there comes a moment when Finn, inside Incarceron, and Claudia, outside, simultaneously find a device -- a crystal key, through which they can talk to each other. And so the plan for Finn's escape is born (goodreads.com)

Awesome book

Claudia lives in the Outside and Finn lives in Incarceron. They both find these crystal  keys in different places. Claudia is to be married to Casper ,and Finn dreams of the night sky and a world of water and flowers. He knows he from some where else. He is known as the starseer.

This book is 5 parts and all the chapters titles add to the story. Two different stories that come together when they both find a key. That changes colors and a way to communicate and many more things.

Claudia is the daughter of the warden. The Warden manages Incarceron . There are stories of Sapphique , who has escaped from the prison and there is mention of the beast in prison.

Claudia was supposed to marry Giles but since he is missing, she is supposed to marry Casper. She dislikes Casper. Claudia best friend is her tutor - Jared. I think that he has feelings of more for her , but can't tell will have to read the next book to find out.

Incarceron isn't the normal jail. It is a living breathing machine, that talks and is always watches over his kids. He wanting his father to come back to him.  Claudia wants to rescue Finn from this prison, because she thinks that he is Giles.

I have more questions about the Queen, Warden, and Incarceron...

I don't want to give away any more of the story..because I thought one idea and then I was in shock because of the Twist. This book is amazing and now I'm wanting to read Sapphique which is out this year.

This book was amazing...and I can't put into words how I much I loved this book--But READ this book.

Book Review=5
BWB=4

I bought this book and this is my Honest Review

1. Claudia was portrayed as a very strong character, did you think bravery lead her steps into Incarceron or do you think she just played a card in the prisons hand?

 I think she was was brave but also didn't know that she played into the prisons hand. I think she didn't know any better.
2. Although Jared and Claudia's relationship is purely student/ teacher....did you pick up any undercurrent of sexual tension between them? I think Jared and Claudia are both attracted to each other, and I also think that Jared was trying to talk to her about this before her marriage. Oh yes I could pick up on the tension.



3. Spill! What are your predictions for the next book {Sapphique}? What are you looking forward to/what do you hope gets explained before the grand finale? More information about Sapphique and the 9 fingered man. Is the portal really destroyed ? Finn and Jared and Claudia , a little triangle.  Finn is out and is he trying to find his friends.



4. What do you think of the relationship between the Warden and the Queen in regards to the big picture? I think that the Queen has put the people in some sort a spell and the warden only mentioned at the end about all their work...which makes me wonder about the his plan and not telling his daughter. I do think that the Warden was trying to break away from the Queen..

5. Do you think that Finn is the only one besides Sapphique who has escaped or left Incarceron? No  I don't think so, because Jared also felt fine in the portal room..which begs the question , there must be others out there, and why did he feel better in that room.


6. What is your take on the futuristic aspects mixed with the period clothing and mannerisms? Is this what would be considered Steampunk or is it more Science Fiction? I guess this considered Steam punk ..but I thought it was more science fiction. It could also be considered dsystopian too , because its future and a different world. I consider this along the lines like Hunger Games / Birthmarked.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds awesome! Fantastic review :)

    Question: Do you change your Gerard picture monthly? That would be fun :)

    Did you see that article about his apartment? http://www.architecturaldigest.com/homes/features/2010/05/gerard_butler_article

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings from Lamb! Thank you for stopping by to show me some bloggy love. It was quite a shock to wake up and discover that I’d been featured on SITS, especially with my face covered in sticky cinnamon! Now I have lots of fun new blogs to explore. If you do try out my face mask, be sure to take a photo and email it to me. I’ll feature you in a post with a link to your blog :)

    LambAround’s latest post: My Awkward Family Photo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Incarceron. I can't wait for Sapphique to come out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review! I loved this book and can't wait for the sequel. It has to be one of my favorite dystopias this year!

    ReplyDelete

Help me feed the Monkeys--We love comments

We are an award free zone. Thanks so much for all the previous awards, but I can't continue passing them on at this time. Thanks