Sunday, June 20, 2010

Nightshade--Book Review

While other teenage girls daydream about boys, Calla Tor imagines ripping out her enemies’ throats. And she wouldn’t have it any other way. Calla was born a warrior and on her eighteenth-birthday she’ll become the alpha female of the next generation of Guardian wolves. But Calla’s predestined path veers off course the moment she saves the life of a wayward hiker, a boy her own age. This human boy’s secret will turn the young pack's world upside down and forever alter the outcome of the centuries-old Witches' War that surrounds them all.(Goodreads.com)
I enjoyed this book and to me this book seemed to flow. This series is set in Vail Colorado. Calla is set to be married to Ren on Oct 31.

Calla sees this hiker near and bear and saves him. Her life is turned upside when she meets Shay at school. She is then told to get to know him and protect him because he is important. Shay also questions the teachers in the Big Ideas class about nature/Nurture. Shay loves to read and hike.

There are Searchers, Guardians, and many other mythical creatures up on this mountain.

As Calla gets to know Shay, they both start to uncover more secrets from upon the mountain. She also wonders about marring for love over pack law.

I could understand the conflict that Calla was having between both Ren and Shay. They both compliment her in both ways. She loves in them in  different ways, but she has never questioned anything til Shay came to town.

I loved how these creatures changed and it seemed organic to me. I love that there are Parents in the story, and their history left me with more questions. I will read this series and want to read more of her story.
Loved the Cover--but not the model..didn't seem like the girl in the book.

Beautiful Book= 4
Thanks for ATWT for the book and this is my Honest Review and slowly my BEA10 list is slowly being crossed off for this year.

1 comment:

Help me feed the Monkeys--We love comments

We are an award free zone. Thanks so much for all the previous awards, but I can't continue passing them on at this time. Thanks