Friday, July 23, 2010

A Note from an old Acquaintance - Book Review

Brian Weller is a haunted man. It's been two years since the tragic accident that left his three-year-old son dead and his wife in an irreversible coma. A popular author of mega-selling thrillers, Brian's life has reached a crossroads: his new book is stalled, his wife's prognosis is dire, and he teeters on the brink of despair.


Everything changes the morning an e-mail arrives from Boston artist Joanna Richman. Her heartfelt note brings back all the poignant memories: the night their eyes met, the fiery passion of their short-lived affair, and the agonizing moment he was forced to leave Joanna forever. Now, fifteen years later, the guilt and anger threaten to overwhelm him. Vowing to make things right, Brian arranges a book-signing tour that will take him back to Boston. He is eager to see Joanna again, but remains unsure where their reunion will lead. One thing is certain: the forces that tore their love asunder will stop at nothing to keep them apart.(goodreads.com)

I've had this book for a while and granted this review was in the middle of July..

This is little gem of lost love , and finding it again. Joanna has been following Brian's career , and after his wife dies, she sends him an email of wanting to catch up.

Joanna is married rich man, who likes to have control of situations. This book has 2 time periods of present and 1991. I did like that most of the book was the past because it helped show the situations in the present time and how it affected both of them.

Joanna & Brian meet by chance and connect on so many levels and there is friendship too. Joanna is engaged to rich man , but she only likes him. Rich man pulls some strings so that they can't be together and they are apart for 15 years. They catch up when she sends her condolences for the loss of his wife.

This book is a little gem and such a great story of the characters..but my beef is with artist and writer--that's seems cliques and over done with many books. There is always someone trying to break up a couple.

Book Review= 3

Thanks to the author for the signed book and this is my Honest Review and pump up your books.

5 comments:

  1. This sounds like a heartwarming book..but I always have trouble reading books like this. I want to like them, but can never get through them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review! I appreciate the honesty. I will have to check it out, I tend to gravitate toward these books. Now I'll know what to expect!

    Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review! I appreciate the honesty. I will have to check it out, I tend to gravitate toward these books. Now I'll know what to expect!

    Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is without a doubt the most inarticulate review I've read about this really terrific book. I'm shocked. My son had better command of the language and syntax when he was eight years old. For shame.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great honest review thanks :)

    ReplyDelete

Help me feed the Monkeys--We love comments

We are an award free zone. Thanks so much for all the previous awards, but I can't continue passing them on at this time. Thanks