Thursday, October 7, 2010

Impossible & Extraordinary Book Reviews

Impossible Beautiful covers from both books and they both dealt with fairy world. The first book dealt with girl whose mother is crazy and kept repeating a song over and over. She isn't attracted to friend til after she got raped by fairy.  She was so Mary sued and the story was okay. I think that she went from never having a kiss to being raped was so wrong , and ruined the pacing of the story.

Book Review=3
Extraordinary
Beautiful Cover again and this dealt with fairies again. This time with girl whose family is extraordinary and the legacy left by her grandfather. Her best friend and brother slowly turn her life upside and make her feel lonely and ordinary. It was nice to see a mother and father both in the story but with different last names being mentioned all the time was distracting. I loved the fairy interactions a bit more, but again the pacing was slow.
Book Review=3

I bought both books and this is my Honest Review

2 comments:

  1. I was a fan of the first book when I saw the cover but I still haven't read them. I've heard mixed reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can'r explain how excited I was to read Impossible, the story just sounded SO interesting to me, then the book turned out to be a complete let down :(

    I didn't like that it was in 3rd person, it doesn't usually bother me, but it was very jarring in this case ... and everything interesting was skipped over, so I felt no connection to any of the characters, or even the story ... I mean, if you're writing a book that includes an issue such as rape, you can't skip over all of the emotional scenes (such as after the rape, after she finds out she's pregnant, etc) ... also, the faerie guy was horrible, so cliched, messing with everyone's head, it was irritating - I don't like books where people lose their free will so easily :(

    I really didn't like this book at all :(

    ReplyDelete

Help me feed the Monkeys--We love comments

We are an award free zone. Thanks so much for all the previous awards, but I can't continue passing them on at this time. Thanks