Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Delirium book Review

DeliriumLena is soon to matched for school and or husband. In this world, one can not fall in love. They have to cured.

Lena's mom is dead and she lives with her Aunts family in Portland Oregon. She is being tested , and sees a boy laughing . There is mention of wilds, and people living off the grid.

Lena meets Alex -who has been cured, and she met him at his job. He invited her to see the sunset with him. She missed meeting him, but she got emotional at the sunset. Lena is distracted by Alex already. She knows all the signs of Delirium. She is counting down til she is cured, which is less then 90 days.

Lena starts questioning more about family & being cured. Her best friend is also exploring music and dancing. That's also forbidden too. Alex invites Lena on date to the beach to swim. Alex tells her more of his secrets & nothing in her life makes sense anymore.

Through out the book , there is mention of Romeo & Juliet by William Shakespeare. Whether it was sacrifice and the romance between the characters.

Alex Loves that Lena is AWAKE but not asleep during her life. I don't want to give to much away of the story , but I often wonder when a book is so hyped- how good it will be. ITS THAT GOOD. I enjoyed this book and all the feelings and emotions I felt while reading this book.

Book Review = A

Totally recommend this book to friends and Family. There was kissing & making out & parental units are in the book.

*** during the time of reading this book-- we watched Williams Shakespeare Romeo & Juliet with Leo and Claire.

Thanks to Harper teen for the book and this is my Honest Review

4 comments:

  1. This sounds like a good one!! I'm putting it on my wishlist. I nominated you for the Worth Your Weight in a Gator Battle award on my blog. (It's a giveaway contest Gini Koch is holding.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. After reading Before I Fall, I can't wait to pick up Delirium. Glad to hear that you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to finally get to this one! Glad you enjoyed it and great review.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review! I'm really looking forward to reading this one! :)

    ReplyDelete

Help me feed the Monkeys--We love comments

We are an award free zone. Thanks so much for all the previous awards, but I can't continue passing them on at this time. Thanks