Monday, March 28, 2011

Entwined Book Review

Entwined
This is a interesting book and I enjoyed it , but wasn't jumping and down over it. This is a retelling of the 12 Dancing Sisters fairy tale. Its not that popular and I know that Barbie has done their own version of it.

I have always been a fan of this story and enjoyed this take on dancing and fairy involved. There was some romance , and some danger.

Keeper has created a world where the girls can dance the night away , while mourning the loss of their mother. Their father the king is in his own fog. The oldest Daughter Azalea is watching over her siblings. She also has some romance with Mr. Bradford who has seen her at her worst.

Azalea has to solve the problem for keeper before Christmas. During the time dancing , the girls learn tidbits about him. He wants to be free from where he is , and will do anything to accomplish it.

Since the girls are in mourning they can't dance at all. Their Father decideds to make it challenge for the men in the kingdom to find out where they go. There are a few suitors who do try to solve the riddle. Many of them the girls are not interested in.

I love the Cover, but this story did drag at times. But I found the hope and there was some romance with the sisters and suitors. Only kissing was in the book

Book Review=C

Thanks to Harper teen for the book and this is my Honest Review

2 comments:

  1. Like you, I was a huge fan of the 12 dancing sisters tale as a kid. Sorry to hear that this one fell flat for you, but maybe I'll see if the library has it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm...This is the second less than stellar review I've read for this book today. :/ I put it on my tbr list just yet.

    ReplyDelete

Help me feed the Monkeys--We love comments

We are an award free zone. Thanks so much for all the previous awards, but I can't continue passing them on at this time. Thanks