Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Steel Book Review

Steel

Jill is fencer and lost her biggest challenge to date. Her family travels to Bahamas for a vacation. Jill goes walking on the beach and finds the tip to blade and keeps it her pocket for safekeeping. While on a cruise with her family, she falls overboard and is transported back into time.

Jill wants to get back home, but she is picked up by the ship The Diana and becomes a crew member. While on the ship, she is working hard and slowly making friends with her other ship mates. Jill works with Henry and learns more about being a pirate.

Jill learns more about cleaning a ship and learns what the pirates thought was bounty . Jill slowly learns more about the Captain . Henry also helps work with Jill's fighting technique. Jill captain is a female , and in that time period there weren't that many of them. Jill is traveling in the Bahamas trying to find a way home. The tip of the sword belonged to Blane, and the sword wants to become whole again.

Jill tries to  find Captain Blane and get the sword back together. We learn why Jill's Captain is so bent on revenge against Blane. Jill is wishing for a Coke to drink and wishing to go home.



I loved the cover of this book , but this story dragged on and I was able to read other books while reading this book. I loved that Jill learned more about herself and pirating, and what it takes to run a ship.

Book Review=C

Thanks to Harper Teen for the book and this is my Honest Review.

There is kissing in the book, and some drinking because thats what pirates drank back then.

4 comments:

  1. That cover is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A C? OK :) Good to know! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely adore the cover. :) A book about pirates? I likey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know, I was really excited by the premise of this one, but I've heard from more people than just you that it was hard to get through. I'm still on the fence as to whether I'm going to read it or not. Thanks for sharing your honest opinion though!

    ReplyDelete

Help me feed the Monkeys--We love comments

We are an award free zone. Thanks so much for all the previous awards, but I can't continue passing them on at this time. Thanks