Monday, April 4, 2011

A Lesson in Secrets

A Lesson in Secrets: A Maisie Dobbs Novel

Maisie Dobbs has had an exciting life so far in England in the 1920's. She has lost her mentor Maurice. She works as detective and also with Scotland Yard. She has had busy life so far.

The crown wants her to go undercover as a lecturer , and figure out if anything is amiss in the college. While there, a murder occurs of  Dr. Liddicote. While trying to figure out this crime, there is a situation at home , that a good friend needs help with in troubling time.

Maisie reminded me of Nancy Drew , but she had more money, and drank alot of tea.

This is a great whodunit, and I had a tough time trying to figure out who did it. Loved this book a lot. I also like that it kept the reader up to speed with whats been happening in other books. There was also some romance. I admit that I stepped out of my comfort zone to read this book, and enjoyed it.

Book Review=C

Thanks to Harper for the book and this is my Honest Review

No comments:

Post a Comment

Help me feed the Monkeys--We love comments

We are an award free zone. Thanks so much for all the previous awards, but I can't continue passing them on at this time. Thanks