Thursday, August 11, 2011

Fury Book Review

FuryEm is best friends with Gabby. While Gabby is away during Christmas break, she hooks-up with Zach the boyfriend of Gabby.

Chase is the boy from the wrong side of the tracks and he friends with Zach. Chase starts feeling remorse because a friend of his died.

There are 3 girls- Meg, Ali ,and Ty who seem to interact with these two characters. They magically appear and have given Em and Chase a red flower.

The story reminded me a bit of gossip girl and it was very slow to start , and feel a connection to any of the characters. They live in the town Ascension and there are stories about the woods being haunted and three beautiful girls. During the time both Em and Chase are slowly being taunted by something or someone.

This book is told is two points of views of Em and Chase. There are 3 parts to this story.

I was wondering why Em was chosen by the Furies and not Zach, when he was more at fault. I totally understand why Chase was picked and he got what he deserved. I thought that it was interesting that Em was able to find someone to  help her and deal with the furies and that she was able to fix a car , and had a library about them.

I wanted to know more about the Furies and why they were there and how did they decide someone was to get picked or not. I had more questions about the furies but nothing was answered at all. Even when Em did something to not have anymore bad karma anymore --Ty still was cryptic.

I don't know if I will read the next book. This is a beautiful cover and I think that that's the only thing going for it.

There was drinking, almost sex, suicide that was mentioned

Book Review=D

Thanks to Simon Schuster Galley Gab and this is my Honest review

2 comments:

  1. It's too bad you didn't like this more. Oddly enough, I enjoyed the story even though the characters did some bad things. Like you, I'd have liked to know more about the Furies but I'm willing to read the second one to find out! Thanks for the honest review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been trying to read this one on and off for about a month now, and I just can't get into it. I'm over halfway through, but it's just not holding my attention.

    ReplyDelete

Help me feed the Monkeys--We love comments

We are an award free zone. Thanks so much for all the previous awards, but I can't continue passing them on at this time. Thanks