Friday, August 12, 2011

Lola and the Boy Next Door--Book Review

Lola and the Boy Next Door
Lola Nolan lives with her two fathers in San Francisco. She loves to dress in something different every day. She has boy friend Max who is a bit older than her, and plays in band. She has some issues with the Bell family that has lived next door to them.

We also see Anna and Etienne St.Clair in this book , but they help Lola out and we get to catch up and see what they have been up to. Lola has plans for the Winter Formal . Lola is quirky and full of color. Her life starts to change when the Bells move back to their house, and she has deal with emotions that she didn't have any more.

Cricket Bell is the perfect boy next door. He also has some family issues to deal with through out the book. Cricket is good boy , and I love him as much as I love Etienne. Cricket is a good guy , and I often don't see to many good boys in books.  I loved seeing Parents in the book parent, and have rules that have to be obeyed.

I loved Anna and the French Kiss , and this excellent companion book because these characters stand out on their own , and this book still has the same Magic as Anna & St. Clair. I can't begin to put into what an awesome book this was to read. I even cried over some scenes.

Lola is force to be reckoned with and love her friendships . She deals with them her own way and tries to make the right choices.

I now have a new auto buy author and I can't recommend this book enough . Its awesomeness is that of great writing and great characters that come to life. The quirkiness of chucks, blue nail polish, wigs, stars ,moon and open window.

Best Lines :
That was the day I had my first kiss

The one and only

No One has ever completely confounded me the way you do

Book Review= A

This book comes out Sept 29

Thanks Lena for letting read the book and this book is already ordered since I have to pass the book along. This is my Honest Review

Thank You Thank YOU Thank you for letting read Lola

8 comments:

  1. aww I cant wait to read this books...I love the cover too..;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read nothing but great reviews. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice review, I really need to ready the first book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need this book yesterday! Loved Anna and the French Kiss. Have you seen the paperback edition? It's super cute. It has all these little ruffles like a scrap book on the inside.

    New follower. Thanks for the lovely review :)

    ♥ Trish
    Just a YA Girl

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY for the same magic as Anna & St Clair!! I'm dying to read this one, so glad you loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did not know she had a new one out! I liked Lola from the first book...will have to find this one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was the first contemporary romance that I've read in a really really long time. But, I just had to. I'm glad I did - and I hadn't even read Anna's book. The author just has a way with her words...great review Jules XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete

Help me feed the Monkeys--We love comments

We are an award free zone. Thanks so much for all the previous awards, but I can't continue passing them on at this time. Thanks