Thursday, August 25, 2011

The Mephisto Covenant Book Review

The Mephisto Covenant: The Redemption of Ajax

Hot boy -check
Girl who is beautiful but doesn't think so -- check
Quick time frame-check
Family or brothers- check
sex or kissing -check

I wanted to like this story of Sasha who is an Anabo, who is light. . She has an insta attraction with Ajax who is son of hell. There was his point of view along with Sasha's.

There was alot of information given , and as a reader a lot to take in. This seemed to be like Twilight but with Angels and Demons. I do enjoy my reading about heaven and hell , but I have gotten more picky about my stories.

Sasha through kissing Jax is slowly changing to Mephisto . She is also becoming more like Jax. He has alot of anger issues over a friend giving her a kiss. Ajax's brother Phoenix has been the only other brother to find his Anabo.

Living her moms friend family the Shrivers --she feels hate and not welcome there at all with Melanie , Brett. Tim and his son Chris also welcome her in the home and help her get used to the living situation. Sasha questions her love for Jax , but she likes to take off her clothes around him. Which to me is mixed signals and I understand being in the heat of the moment.

Jax wants to mark her. She still has free will to make up her mind on whether or not she will stay with him. Free will was brought up alot , and this book was pretty religious , and I am religious but this alot more than I expected.

LOVED the cover.

I didn't love this book, but I didn't hate it.I just found that the other books will be about the other brothers mentioned in this book. So its along the Black Dagger Brotherhood lines with learning about the other brothers.

Book Review= D

There is sex in the book.

This Book comes out Sept 27,2011

This is my BEA Book and this is my Honest Review

4 comments:

  1. Hmmmm - sounds Twitlight-ish. So each book is about a different brother? This is YA right? That would be kind of cool in a way - I can't recall any YA that each bk is about a different brother's HEA like so many PNR 's are.
    I will read it so we can discuss!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The idea of light & dark mixing sounded good! The cover caught my eye too, but I don't think I'd love it either :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why do you keep reading if you aren't into the book? If I think the book will be just OK, I stop and move on to the next. There is not enough time to read so many fabulous books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Mindy

    I read it because of the cover and so many friends stopped reading it. This is one of my books from BEA, and overall it was okay. But I would like to know if book is good or bad.

    ReplyDelete

Help me feed the Monkeys--We love comments

We are an award free zone. Thanks so much for all the previous awards, but I can't continue passing them on at this time. Thanks