Friday, September 16, 2011

The Daughter of Smoke and Bone --Book Review

Daughter of Smoke and BoneKarou doesn't know what she is . She does errands for Brimstone and his shop. She helps collect teeth for him. Brimstone is mean, mysterious, and makes you wonder what he really means. He reminded me of JZB( Barron's). Karou makes wishes for silly things , and we get to see her ex boyfriend. She is a dear friend with Zuzana.

Karou meets Akiva with who she feels a connection to , but wonders about him. He knows what she is, and he has some secrets too.

This takes place in Prague and all over the world. This is a mature book with love being dealt in many forms. This book has beautiful imagery , and I wanted to savor reading every page.

Karou means Hope, and she is hoping for Love, and wants Brimstone's appreciation. This is such a magical hard world of violence, and war.

Brimstone made this book, and his comments to made me wonder about the his life lived and can't wait to see what happens in the next book. This book also has chimera's and thoroughly enjoyed getting to see their world. 

This book was so alive and so descriptive and enjoyed meeting all the characters in this world. I am still thinking about this book.

Best Line: Hope is the real Magic

You can't know what you will do --Brimstone

Book Review=A

Thanks to Jen for the book and this is my Honest Review

2 comments:

  1. I've heard such good things about this book! I think I'm on an ARC tour for it so it'll be a nice surprise when it comes to my door. I'm excited to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review! Looking forward to reading this one! :)

    ReplyDelete

Help me feed the Monkeys--We love comments

We are an award free zone. Thanks so much for all the previous awards, but I can't continue passing them on at this time. Thanks