Friday, January 6, 2012

Under the Never Sky Book review

Aria is a pod dweller and is able to visit many different realms.Its like a virtual world and things are real there. Her mother is a scientist in another part of the world. Her mother loves for her sing songs .

Peregrine  is a blood warrior who can smell tempers and other feelings , he also see really well at night time. Perry is rendered to his nephew Talon , who he cares for. Perry doesn't say much but when he does , he means it.

Aria and her friends one night are out of the pod, and Soren wants to start a fire , and be like the Savages. The fire gets out of control and she loses her friend. Soren tries to hurt her, but that one night Perry rescues her. She gets dropped off into a Death Shop because her eyepiece is gone, and she can't prove what Soren did.

Perry than rescues Aria again , and they strike a bargain. They don't like each other, but working together for their own interests. They also have to deal with Aether Storms. Perry has some great friends that help both Aria and himself.

There are two points of view of Perry and Aria. I enjoyed this book and loved that the romance was slow building. I also loved that this was a tough world to live in , but they also found some joy during the journey. I found the side characters to be just as important to the story as Perry and Aria. I did think that this was going to like other books I have read before , but I was proven wrong with the world building. I also glad to find out what was wrong with the world.

This book was so good that I stayed up late to read it during the Tris Tournament during Hermione battle. There were some adult scenes, fighting, kissing. I love this cover.

Book Review= B+

Thanks to Harper Teen and this is Honest Review. I also found out this author is local to me. I will so be reading the next book in this series.

5 comments:

  1. It sounds a bit confusing, but if it made you stay up all night it is worth looking into!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! So glad you loved this one too Julie! I expected this one to have a a familiar feel to it as well, but I loved how truly different it was and I thought the entire relationship with Aria and Perry was just beautifully done:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I purchased a copy of this! Really excited to read it after reading your review! I haven't heard much buzz about it otherwise!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I couldn't put this one down! And, I love hearing what other people thought about it too. I'm looking forward to the next one as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved this one too! It was way different than anything else out right now! It's going to be a long wait for book 2!

    ReplyDelete

Help me feed the Monkeys--We love comments

We are an award free zone. Thanks so much for all the previous awards, but I can't continue passing them on at this time. Thanks