Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Love and other Perishable items

 Chris and Amelia both work at the store, and they are co workers. Chris is also in college and 22. Amelia is 15 and just got her first job. She is still in high school.

Chris lost the love of his life to another guy in Perth. Chris also drinks and sad  over his love. He sees all of his friends lives coming together, and seems lost.

Amelia is the smart 15 who is able to point Chris in the right direction and give him the focus that he needs. Chris starts to develop feelings for Amelia during the time while they work together. Amelia is also having some family issues.

Chris loves Amelia but has sex with another 16 old, and has a drinking problem that isn't addressed. I didn't really see an ending at all with this book. I found that through out this book there was alot of mention of Great Expectations of Pip & Estella . There was also mention of some female centered  books ,and some other books were mentioned too. I felt that the book was going in circles , and with out real ending . I was underwhelmed with this story.

Book Review= D

This book comes out Dec 11

Thanks to Random House for the book and this is my Honest Review

3 comments:

  1. We are in agreement! I'm always surprised, because basically everyone I know loves this one. I'm GLAD they enjoyed it more than me, but I was feeling like an oddball...until now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cover of the book, but I always have trouble when the 22 yr old guys go after the 15 year olds. I know it happens in real life, but it just always bothers me more in YA books for some reason.





    ReplyDelete
  3. I checked this out on goodreads, and it seems that people either love this or hate it. Either way, my interest is piqued! Cute cover!

    ReplyDelete

Help me feed the Monkeys--We love comments

We are an award free zone. Thanks so much for all the previous awards, but I can't continue passing them on at this time. Thanks