Monday, October 1, 2012

Send me a Sign Book review

Mia Moore is part of close knit girlfriends. She is the summer girl and her friends are all the different seasons. Her Senior year summer will be bit different because she finds out that she has Leukemia . She is in the hospital during the summer time , and telling her friends lies. Her neighbor and best friend Guyer is there with her in the hospital.

She has also been dating Ryan who is a jock, and he wants to hook up with her. She believes in signs from a broken mirror to her cat named jinx to her four leaf clover necklace. Once the chemo and radiation is all done, she wants her life to normal. She also doesn't want to be the poster child for Leukemia.

She loses friends, deals with Ryan and Guyer, and also dealing with cancer. Mia has a tough senior year. Guyer and Ryan are both good guys, and her heart is with one of them. Mia also tries doing cheer her senior year too.

Both parents are there and present , and dealing with their daughter having cancer. She has issues with her mom , as any teenager would.

I cried a couple times and while there appears to be a triangle with the two boys. There isn't one , and this situation was done very well. This reminded me of friends of mine that did die from this cancer. This was an amazing book and I stayed up late reading this book.

Best Line:  Always

Book Review= B+

Thanks to Bloomsbury for the book and this is my Honest Review

This book comes out 10/2



2 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to reading this-it looks so powerful and I'm a sucker for an emotional contemporary. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds very powerful and although it will probably make me cry, I think I want to check it out.

    ReplyDelete

Help me feed the Monkeys--We love comments

We are an award free zone. Thanks so much for all the previous awards, but I can't continue passing them on at this time. Thanks