Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Just One Day Book Review

Allyson is away with her group in England. She goes to a play by William Shakespeare and meets Willem . There is such an attraction there, that he invites her to spend the day with him in Paris. He is on his way back home to Holland. He calls her Lulu . She enjoys being someone else for the day.

They spend the day getting to know one another , and learn something about each other. He leaves a mark on her heart. He brings up being stained.  They do many different things through out the day and night.  They also have a night of passion , and when she realizes that he is gone, she is very sad. But she also has no idea of where she is at all in Paris.  They are brought together by William Shakespeare play.

When she gets back , her life returns to normal or does it. She is struggling with her premed classes. She finally meets her councilor and makes some changes to her schedule , and also trying to figure out what she really wants in life. She gets a job, and tries to new things, and even tries a new language, and takes a Shakespeare class. She is trying to Willem.

This book was a fast read and it did remind me of wanderlust which i enjoyed. I enjoyed being in Allyson head , and all the changes that she was doing and even being brave. I love that ONE DAY really did change her and made her more fluid and it left a mark on her. I remember when Gayle was talking about this book, and I can't wait to read the next book in Willem POV to see what happened with him during that day & Year.



Book Review= B

Thanks to Penguin for the Book and this is my Honest Review

5 comments:

  1. Glad you loved this one so much! I've snatched myself a copy and can't wait to get to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen some mixed reviews for this, but I am still really excited to read it! I mean, it's Gayle Forman. :) I'm glad you liked it, that's a very good sign.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really looking forward to reading this one! Glad you enjoyed it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a new to me author that I am going to have to check out now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just finished this last night and really enjoyed it as well. I really love Allyson as a main character because she was very relatable. Glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete

Help me feed the Monkeys--We love comments

We are an award free zone. Thanks so much for all the previous awards, but I can't continue passing them on at this time. Thanks