Monday, March 25, 2013

Pulse Book Review

This is a different world , and everyone has a tablet. Books are gone. This is a States that is different from what we are used to living . Faith, Liz, Noah, are all friends.
Faith parents are away and not with her. She is at this new school and meets the twins Wade & Claire , and also Hawk and Dylan.

With everyone having a tablet , they can learn so many things, and also that's is how they have their money. That's also how they learn from school. Faith makes some friends at school slowly. Hawk tries to buy her friendship , along with Liz too. Faith goes out with Wade and he gets her to try some code .

Dylan & Faith also have some more powers . Dylan tries to train Faith , and she wants some answers too. The history behind that was different.

I found this book to hot mess, and I was brought in my the pretty book cover. This reminded me of xmen /superheros. This book was all over into everyone minds..that was okay. But I didn't connect or even care what happened with Faith & Dylan , Liz or Wade. This was a fast read . I also thought that everyone having a tablet was like today, and how connected we can be , but we aren't really if all the things we do are online and very little human contact. I thought we would see a discussion about that within the pages but sadly it didn't even touch upon it.

I have enjoyed his other books ...I think this one and I will are not going to continue on.

Book Review= C

Thanks to Harper teen for the book and this is my Honest Review

5 comments:

  1. So many books these days are some kind of take off on the x-men type movies. That's great for one or two books but I'm kind of over it myself unless someone has a really new spin on the trope.

    I do like the idea of exploring a world that is so high tech and should connect people yet actually makes people more isolated. Too bad that isn't explored more thoroughly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes that's what I thought it might be about ...but wasn't too sure on the superhero's main idea. Yes I think the trope has been done enough.

      But I have enjoyed his 10 to midnight book and Fears book too. So I don't like this series but I enjoy his writing.

      Delete
  2. I know. You are the second meh review I just read on this one, and I enjoyed it. Oh well...lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have heard similar comments about this novel being a big disconnect for readers. It sounds like an interesting premise, just too bad it couldn't connect to the readers. Thanks for your review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard many of the same complaints about this book, and I think I finally feel confident in skipping it now. It's a shame because the premise had so much promise! In any case, thanks for your honest review. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Help me feed the Monkeys--We love comments

We are an award free zone. Thanks so much for all the previous awards, but I can't continue passing them on at this time. Thanks