Thursday, March 21, 2013

Written in Red Book Review

This is a different world and its not too nice to humans. The Others live apart from the humans.

Meg is running away from something , and trying to find a place to hide out. She sees a job  as working as liaison with the others. Simon wolfgard  runs the book store and hires her to work there. He is suspicious  , and knows that she is different. He also seems to know that she is on the run. Simon turns into a wolf . This is a place where humans are looked as meat. Shapeshifers aren't the only thing living there.

In the courtyard we see so many others. Meg wants to keep the job , and wants to live. She is also doing a really good job of delivering the goods to the Others. Simon gets to know her better , and realizes that she is blood prophet but there isn't much known about them. Meg also takes care of Sam who has been dealing with the loss of him mom.

Loved being able to see the courtyard and all the others. Meg gets the others to open up and care. Meg can also see the future, and it doesn't look good for her. Meg seems to the thread that opens the hearts of those in the courtyard, and its by doing the her job or feeding ponies or even talking to someone.

I got this book by chance , and I have found a new author to read. This book was richly detailed to understand the area & courtyard. It was nice to see the interactions within the town and outside the town. I can't wait to see what happens next. Be sure not to eat the special meat.  Sam & Simon were great and I grew to love them. This book kept me up late reading & I kept saying one more chapter then bed.

Book Review= A

Thanks to Nal for the book and this is my Honest review

I want the next one already

3 comments:

  1. You liked this one? I got this by chance as well, but have to admit that the world map, glossary and prologue of a brief history of the world made me shut the book right after I opened it. I might have to give this one a chance now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee hee, special meat is not something I would want either! I'm glad you loved it, Julie. I think all my friends have, at this point. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anne writes very intricately. She's well known for her adult fantasy novels, especially the Black Jewels saga. One of my all time faves and my fave alphas EVER. I'm anxious to read this myself. Thanks for the review! :D

    ReplyDelete

Help me feed the Monkeys--We love comments

We are an award free zone. Thanks so much for all the previous awards, but I can't continue passing them on at this time. Thanks