Monday, June 17, 2013

Blog Confession --Talking Book Conferences

BEA, ALA. Have you ever been before? If you've been before, share your experiences; both pro & con. If you haven't gone before, do you participate in online events like Armchair BEA? Do you hope to go one day? Do you feel too intimidated to go? Are you jealous of the big book hauls and tweets during the events? 

No I haven't been at to either of them. I did buy tickets to both at different times. 

But I have participated in Armchair Bea , and yes I would love to go in the future. If you asked me a couple years ago I would have green with envy, but since I made friends with bloggers who have gone or going. I ask nicely if they get me books from my wishlist. Interestingly enough my list of book wants has gone down each year. I am also happy that I friends that share their books with me . In fact I made a very dear friend when I asked on twitter to borrow some books, and she has been sharing her books with me ever since . I do share my books with her too. 

I think I enjoy the bookish community more and the friendships I have made. I have many more books to read and found many new authors .

Thanks Karen and Pam for this topic 

9 comments:

  1. Firstly, it's awesome you suggested this topic! *hugs* You bought tickets but didn't go? I'm intrigued! Armchair BEA rocks I suppose :L
    I'm also interested in how it's not just about getting books from BEA it's about sharing books beyond that. Do they just give them to you without a fee (ie. for postage)? I suppose not if you both deem it as a "swap". I'd be more open to swaps myself! I'm terrible at asking for things. I don't as it can come off rude :/
    I <3 the bookish community too (hence today).
    My thoughts (which I'm not ashamed to say are quite a contrast!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I do pay for postage for those books..Yes its also about sharing the book love .I usually didn't ask to borrow books til twitter ...but I also read most of the books I wanted through book tours.

      Delete
  2. That is so wonderful! I think its nice when other book lovers share their books. I wouldn't mind sending or swapping books - usually I end up keeping my books because I'm a re-reader. But I love giving away books - I always push my favs on friends and family and other bloggers. HAHA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous17 June, 2013

    Armchair BEA is great for making those connections when you can't go to the real thing... although once you make those connections, I know the live event is an excuse for a lot of bloggers to get together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually find Armchair BEA more intimidating because then I have to plan blogposts lol

    Love sharing with ya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been to BEA twice. LOVED it. Once with friends, once on my own and met up with a fellow blogger. Armchair BEA I've never done because I just haven't had the time. GOING to BEA is the stuff. So much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is so true--the friendships I am making through blogging have been phenomenal! I hope to make it to BEA one of these years though. :) Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Julie -- GREAT topic suggestion! :)

    I think it's really nice that your friends have been able to get books for you. I like to think that book blogging is all about sharing, and this takes it to the next level.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love getting the books, but I love meeting the authors more. And yeah, I also love the connections and friendships I've made with other bloggers. There is usually someone on the blogosphere who will happily lend a book.

    ReplyDelete

Help me feed the Monkeys--We love comments

We are an award free zone. Thanks so much for all the previous awards, but I can't continue passing them on at this time. Thanks