Monday, September 30, 2013

The Vow

The Vow
Simon Pulse
Stand alone
Net Galley
Oct 15

Annie and Mo are best friends. His family has to go back to Jordan because he is unable to find a job in the states. They have a quirky humor , and are both in love with other people.

Annie's sister is gone , and now her parents are control freaks. Annie doesn't want to lose her best friend, so she offers to marry him to keep in in the USA.

Mohammad  has been in love with Maya since freshman year . Annie is working at the ice cream shop , and Reed becomes interested in her.  Mo loves his family, and his always watched over his sister.

They decide to get married , and from then on their lives are changed. This book is told in Mo & Annie's point of views. They both have their family issues to work out . Since getting married , they need to make some adult choices regarding many things.

Annie was trying to please everyone and fix the situation. There were times I didn't like what choices Annie made , but she had some tough choices , and she didn't really understand the ramifications of the choices she did. There were still some questions left unanswered , but I loved that she stood her ground. Annie and Mo have some tough choices since they are now married.

I also enjoyed learning more about Mo and his family and culture.

Book Review= B-

Thanks to Simon Pulse for the book and this is my Honest review

This book comes out Oct 15

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a read I might enjoy. If I don't agree with the characters choices sometimes its hard for me to get into it though.

    ReplyDelete

Help me feed the Monkeys--We love comments

We are an award free zone. Thanks so much for all the previous awards, but I can't continue passing them on at this time. Thanks