Wednesday, January 6, 2010

The Dark Divine-- Book Review


Thanks to PrincessBookie for this book and this is my Honest review.

I finished this book last night and its a good story.

Grace Divine is daughter of a pastor. Grace's life seems so perfect. She is in AP courses and helps the needy. Jude is her brother and he also helps the needy too. Daniel is a childhood friend that comes back into her life after being gone for 3 years. Daniel has had a rough life and something bad went down between Jude . Grace realizes that her family has been keeping secrets from her and her life isn't as perfect as it seems. I liked the analogy of the lose thread of her favorite shirt..if you pull on the lose thread, the shirt will unravel.

I did like mentioning of the prodigal son story from the bible about the Good son vs. the bad son.

The book brought up a good question: Who are the monsters ? Are they vampires or werewolves or some who abuses children or names calling . Are they hiding in plain sight ?

I loved this cover . The book does leave the door open for another book...

Book Review=4

1 comment:

  1. How funny, I finished The Dark Divine last night as well :)

    Great review, and I hear she is writing another in the series.

    ReplyDelete

Help me feed the Monkeys--We love comments

We are an award free zone. Thanks so much for all the previous awards, but I can't continue passing them on at this time. Thanks