Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Bunheads

Hannah is a Ballerina. She is 19 years old and friends with Zoe, Bea, and Daisy. They are all dancers in the company. Hannah wants to accomplish more in her career as a ballerina, and she hopes to be promoted. This book takes places over different ballet seasons.

Hannah is crossroad with her life. She wants to move up , but she wants to learn more things around her and date. She is romanced by Jacob the musician and Matt a weathly  Ballet Man.

Best Line: Trying to be with another person when its so much simpler to be alone


People change in a decade

Hannah and her friends were friends but enemies when it came to dance positions .

This book reminded me of Center Stage the movie. Also I grew up dancing and taking the dance classes. I now have a greater appreciation  of all the blood, sweat, tears that ballet dancers go through.

Book Review =C

There was drinking wine,  sex , and mention of body images and anorexia

Thanks to little Brown for the book and this is my Honest Review

1 comment:

  1. I grew up dancing and had 3 years professional dancing, this is why I want to read this one.

    Sounds like it will meet my expectations.

    ReplyDelete

Help me feed the Monkeys--We love comments

We are an award free zone. Thanks so much for all the previous awards, but I can't continue passing them on at this time. Thanks