Friday, June 15, 2012

A Midsummers Nightmare Book Review

Whitley and Nathan hook up on graduation night. She was drunk that night.

Whitley is spending the summer with her dad , and finds out that her father is newly engaged. She is also in a new town trying to figure out her future. She also has some daddy issues, and with Face book and small town. Whitley life is changed and she deals with her mom and dad. She is trying to find some common ground with Nathan.

I hoped that there would some mention of Shakespeare but sadly no. Also there is mention of Wesley and Bianca. This is the usual Kody fare, and I enjoyed Nathan more than any of the other guys in her other books. There was more tension between Whitley and Nathan , and I loved that there was more family interaction. This book touched on cyber bullying, drinking, sex, and divorce.

Best Line: I don't care. I'm having a major parental crisis that sort of out shines tour little tantrum, and frankly if seems like my dad agrees with you.

Book Review= C

Side Note: I do enjoy reading Kody books. I would love to see her write something in a different genre . That's just my humble opinion. Are these books all companion books to The DUFF ?? Will there more like this ??

Thanks to Little Brown for the book and this is my Honest Review and its already out

1 comment:

  1. I really want to read this to see Wesley & Bianca again lol
    I loved them.

    ReplyDelete

Help me feed the Monkeys--We love comments

We are an award free zone. Thanks so much for all the previous awards, but I can't continue passing them on at this time. Thanks