Friday, August 14, 2009

The Imposters Daughter-- Book Review

"A stunner. From the opening page of Laurie Sandell's illustrated memoir, I was hooked. This coming of age tale for grownups may be a feast for the eyes, but it's also a sock in the gut-a wrenchingly funny tale of deception, addiction, and what it means to search for true love when you were raised on lies. You'll finish this page-turner in a single night-but the story will stay with you for much longer." (Carole Radziwill, author of What Remains )





I got this book and finished it within 1-2 days of getting it. Its a Graphic novel -- like Watchmen but the pictures were more relatable. Its the story of a women trying to solve the mystery of her father and lies he told while growing up.I liked that it showed her relationship, and even some people she interviewed for her job. She is addicted to ambien and then it shows her recovery and what happened afterwords.



This is her first novel and memoir and I do agree the story does stay with you , but it also depends on how much you think about her life and her father. I can honestly say I wouldn't want her dad at all . He lives in his own world. I can't believe all the stunts he pulled on his daughters regarding their credit. To each their own .



It got me thinking of what my life would look like if I did graphic novel ...I guess it would be funny at times, some family moments, fighting over clothes with my sisters, high school, college, all the men I dated, calling off 2 engagements, getting married, working, having kids, moving in with my parents for 16 months, raising kids...I guess it would be boring to the literacy world.



Over all I liked it..It was a chick lit but with real life and graphic all at the same time. It was a fast read. I enjoyed it and would share this book with friends.



I give this book 3.5 out 5 stars.



This book comes out in Hardcover July 29, 2009 and its available at amazon.com

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog and for the comments. Life with 5 kids is fun huh? Yours all look little, I don't envy you at all. I'd rather have the teens.

    I'll be back to see whats going on, or atleast look at Mr. Gerard. :)

    ReplyDelete

Help me feed the Monkeys--We love comments

We are an award free zone. Thanks so much for all the previous awards, but I can't continue passing them on at this time. Thanks