Saturday, September 19, 2009

Nanny Returns-- Book Review


The highly anticipated sequel to the #1 New York Times bestseller, picks up with a decade later as Nan returns to New York City. (Goodreads.com)

I have read the previous novel -- Nanny Diaries. I have not not seen the movie at all.
This book took me a while to get into. By chapter 5, I understood what was happening and remembering all the characters from the previous novel.
I did like that it took place 10 years later and that I was able to see what happened with Grayer and the X family. Grayer is a troubled teen who finally finds out about the tape, and confronts her about it. Nan is busy working for a school , and married to Ryan who travels. Ryan also wants kids now.
But because its been so long since I'd read the previous novel. I could have stopped reading it and it not mattered. I didn't really seem to care for the characters as much as when I read the previous book. I only finished it because I wanted to see what happened with Grayer and X family , and how screwed up they became since we last saw them in Nanny Diaries.
I give this book 3 out 5 stars for all the reasons listed above. I did like it overall.

December 15th 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment

Help me feed the Monkeys--We love comments

We are an award free zone. Thanks so much for all the previous awards, but I can't continue passing them on at this time. Thanks