Friday, November 6, 2009

Lone Star Legend-- Book Review


When Sandy Saavedra lands her dream job with the popular website ¡Latino Now!, she can't wait to write hard-hitting pieces to combat all those stupid Latino stereotypes. While visions of Pulitzers dance in her head, her editor in chief is suddenly laid off, replaced by the infamous Dolores Villanueva O'Sullivan. Dolores has one mission: make ¡Latino Now! an internet phenomenon, no matter how many pandering puff pieces she has to pack onto its pages. Sandy doesn't see how she can keep this job without losing her soul, especially when she's sent to Middle-of-Nowhere Texas to investigate the dumbest legend her people ever created, the Chupacabra. She fears she's about to fail an assignment-and lose her job-until she meets Tío Jaime, a grandfatherly hermit who might be crazy, or might be the best thing that ever happened to Sandy's career. ( Goodreads.com)
I loved this book. It has a study guide of questions to think about the story.
I could relate to this character because I blog and like to go visit those celeb site and see all the gossip.
This was a good book on what we put on the Internet for all to see, and how real are online as opposed to real life. I also liked how it showed the online relationships and real relationships throughout the book.This book I would pass along to friends and family.
This book was also about accomplishing your dreams. I also wanted to become a writer and I did High School newspaper.
This book comes out in Paperback in January 2010 .
Review=4
Thanks to little brown for the book to review and this is my Honest Review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Help me feed the Monkeys--We love comments

We are an award free zone. Thanks so much for all the previous awards, but I can't continue passing them on at this time. Thanks